Sunday, July 31, 2011

Adventures in Iowa

Egen-  Me and Zane looking at the alpacas.  I remember that you need to have at least two alpacas because they're herd animals.

Egen- This alpaca is my favorite.  His name has something to do with dancing, but I can't remember what it was.

Quinn- Pretending the fountain is me peeing.

Egen-  This a waterpark in a hotel in Dubuque, Iowa.  It's meant to look like it's a big ship and it has a bucket that dumps water.  It has three slides and the biggest slide you can ride inner tubes down. 

Quinn- I'm holding a mayfly.  They have an exoskeleton. 

Egen- A picture of mommy, me, Zane, and Quinn in front of the trolley we are going to ride. 

Egen- Me with three mayflies.  I think I brought home about 3 or 4 mayflies home with me to add to my collection.

Egen- Lots and lots and lots of dead and alive mayflies gathered around the aquarium building.  The mayflies stunk.  Probably not as much as my cicada I have in my collection though. 


Egen-  Me and Zane standing by the river and there's lots of water on the path we were on because there was just a big wave that splashed on the path.  The river was kind of high.  We knew it was high cause one or two of the steps were covered up by water.  We also found a piece of driftwood.

Egen- Me playing in the aquarium in there play river.  I'm using a lock that lets boats through dams.

Egen- Me touching a crayfish in the aquarium. 

Quinn-  I'm looking at a snake.  I don't remember what kind of snake it was. 

Egen- Me, Quinn, and Zane standing  by a paddle wheel of a boat that made channels deeper for boats.  We took a tour of the boat that this paddlewheel belonged to later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment